super hanc petram -- deep background
Thursday, October 10, 2002
 
Elevated about being High
Let me get this straight. The WOPR puts us on elevated alert (color: chartreuse) in the run-up to the 9/11 anniversary. We then are let back down to high alert (color: fuscia) after nothing happens. Now we have al-Zawahiri and bin Laden BOTH apparently making threats along with the killing of a marine in Kuwait and the WOPR doesn't stir. I realize that my terrorist reading equipment (CNN) isn't as sophisticated as the WOPR's but Holy Hosannah, this certainly seems a lot more concrete than "chatter" in the system. I also know that I can change my alert level to "elevated" without the WOPR, but it would be nice to have some guidance here. Am I to be elevated or just high? Don't answer that. Since I'm feeling cynical today, hands up if you think the administration isn't touching actual terrorism in order that it not distract from the Ba'ath drum beat they've set. After all, it's more important that we focus on the easy democratization of Iraq. What's the scheme again?


<< Home

Powered by Blogger