super hanc petram -- deep background
Monday, May 14, 2001
 
Morning of the trial and I wake up to find that I've forgotten my belt back in my apartment in NYC. I could have sworn that I brought it with me. Now, of course, I can see it clear as day haniging on its hook in my closet back in my [soon to be old] apartment. I'm wearing my casual belt which is considerably thicker and browner than the one at home. Would have gone without any belt, but this suit was tailored for me in the B.W.W. years and thus is for a larger man. Pants don't stay up without a belt. If that's the only thing that goes wrong today, it will be a very good day.

The Delaware Court of Chancery is one of the more remarkable institutions in the world. It is totally devoted to resolving disputes between corporations. One might ask how many corporations are actually based out of Delaware and the answer to that is, it depends on what you mean. Thousands of companies are incorporated in Delaware. I'm not sure if the Court is the chicken or the egg in this case, but the system is a remarkable asset to the corporate community. Without it, considerable time would need to be spent in each dispute educating the court on the nuances of corporate agreements and how the laws effect them. It's just about the perfect set up. If only it weren't in Delaware...


<< Home

Powered by Blogger