super hanc petram -- deep background
Thursday, February 08, 2001
 
This is the beginning of the difficult part of the night. The six hours between 3:30 and 9:30 are the hardest because everything has ground to a halt in the outside world. All is dark and slow. To compound it tonight, there is precious little to do right now. I'm going to catch as many winks as I can at this point, but I hope to have the brief soon so I can put in the pagination. (That was legal jargon for those who know what I mean, for those that don't, it's dumb and would bore you to tears to hear about it.) Anyway, I just got the word that I can send another of my team home until morning (it's become my team now according to the associate, and that's okay with me except of course, as he put it, "you're the captain, so you go down with the ship" (I wonder how many actually do, they never seem to in the Aubrey/Maturin novels that I'm reading)). So that's where we stand until 4:30 or so when I hope to blog again. All in all, though, this is the smoothest brief I've yet worked on that's had to go all night, a credit to the associate even if he is a hopeless worry-wart. Hopefully things will continue along these lines through to tomorrow.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger