super hanc petram -- deep background
Thursday, February 22, 2001
 
Salon.com Arts & Entertainment | Eminem steals the show

A blow by blow account of the Grammys. My favorite line is, "8:25 p.m.: Steely Dan confuse the country by winning a Grammy 26 years after they should have."

It seems that the media are either shocked or relishing in the fact that Eminem didn't win the album of the year award. As if it was expected. I think with his performance last night, his appearance in court (if you see the pictures you'll see what I mean), and the fact that he brought out a new band that he's promoting during his acceptance speech, that we can safely say corporate America has MC Hammer'ed Eminem. He had two strong albums (which is more than one can say for Hammer) and now I expect him to gain as much weight as Kid Rock did this past year and break up/reunite with his wife once more. His two albums are among the strongest in rap, on a par with Wu Tang Clan and Paul's Boutique. Somebody stop me before I move my offices up to 125th street.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger