super hanc petram -- deep background
Friday, January 05, 2001
 
Have to give credit to the GOP on this one. Unlike most things in politics, they set an agenda six years ago to impose term limits on the most sacred of cows in congress, committee chairmen, and this week they made good on that promise. I'd like to see the Senate do something similar. Also, it struck me recently that the President is the only branch of government that has a constitutional term limit. I'd love to see a legal argument about the policy of checks and balances and whether or not we should place constitutional term limits on the houses of congress. Given its recent conduct, the question of limits on Supreme Court justices is worth noting, but I think it is much more sacred that the justices are appointed for life/good behavior to insulate them from the political process. Then again, someone hand me the questions from justices O'Connor and Scalia again...


<< Home

Powered by Blogger