super hanc petram -- deep background
Wednesday, November 22, 2000
 
I'm not sure what kind of experience other people have had with DSL. I'm trying to help my parents with their installation (they like to put me to work as soon as I step off the plane; at least there's no snow to shovel) but Verizon not only keeps you on hold forever (it makes me wonder how large their customer support staff actually is; they can't be this far off on the needs of the market to their service) but whatever department you call is invariably the wrong one. The last time I actually spoke to a person, they disconnected me and I had to call back.

I did hear from one customer service guy about two hours ago who said that the DSL connection for the house, given the order date, shouldn't be active for another week. Why does it take 3 weeks to activate a DSL account? I've had plenty of trouble with my cable service, but I at least get to speak to someone within an hour of calling. If they can't offer better service than this, they're going to lose this war for people's internet connection money.


<< Home

Powered by Blogger